Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Meila True!


Dear Meila True,

Happy Birthday sweet girl! I can't believe it's already been one year since we first met. Last year about this time I was driving as fast as I legally could to hold you in my arms. Those were the longest 5 hours of my life. It's funny how much you've grown and changed this year. You started out as this itty bitty thing with a jaundice tan and brown hair. Now you are just the right size and have the prettiest peaches and cream complexion. You have such an old soul too. You really do. You are content to just sit back and watch the world around you. In a way that is uncommon for babies, you are graceful and dare I say, lady like.

You do have your moments though. I can't write about your first year without mentioning those loud pipes of yours. My goodness girl, you sure can raise the volume of any room, whether it's with a crying scream or a happy screech!The way you love your sister is so precious. I love how you laugh at her like she's the funniest person in the world.

I think one of my favorite memories of you during this first year of yours is how you just sat with me on the couch after Thanksgiving lunch. You didn't squirm or wiggle. You were content to just sit on my lap, read books and listen to music. I can't wait to celebrate your birthday with you in a few weeks. I've heard you've just started giving out kisses...can't wait to get mine!

I have a feeling that you'll be my museum partner someday. Which one should we go to first?

I love you Meila and I'm so proud to be your Aunt!

~Aunt Sis

2 comments:

Amy Sue said...

Beautifully put! One day she will read this and love you even more.

RUTH said...

Meila has no idea how much she is loved. Your words are sweet. I couldn't have said it better myself, except maybe the recapping of labor. That only I can do! ;)