Monday, January 31, 2011

30 (Part 1)

Well....it's been a week since I turned 30. I guess it's about time that I told you about my special day! This last week I've kept trying to remind myself that "Thirty isn't old," but it really does represent a lot of living!

I have some deeper reflections on turning 30 to share, but I'll save those for another blog post. Let's get to the fun stuff first!


All day long I kept getting updates that donations were rolling in for my Charity:Water campaign! By about 5:00pm, my goal had been met and by the end of the day, the goal had been exceeded! The original goal was $600, which would provide water for 30 people for 20 years! Right now as it stands, YOU, my friends and family, have provided water for 37 people! So far $740.72 has been raised and there is still one donation that was sent in by check that is not included in that total! The campaign is open for donations for 55 more days. Looking for a creative Valentine's present? (hint, hint)

I'm so overwhelmed with your generosity. "Thank you" doesn't seem to cover it. I saw this video recently and was totally enamored by how Charity:Water was founded. If you have a few minutes, I highly recommend it.

I don't know about you, but I can't wait to hear from the folks at Charity:Water about where the campaign money will go!

Next up...I'll tell you all about the birthday surprises and fabulous party!

0 comments: