Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmaspalooza

Well, Christmas is over, and if you're anything like me, once it's over, I'm ready to move on quickly. It's not that I don't like Christmas, I just see all of the Christmas decor as reminders that it's all over too soon.

I say all of that to say, that the last thing you might want to see is more Christmas. Sorry folks..inquiring minds want to know. Ok, just my relatives.



I arrived in Elvis country Wednesday night just in time to teach Story how to do Eskimo kisses.


....and we made time for a book too!



I didn't get to see Meila until the next morning. I just love that sweet, cellophane face. I think it's safe to say that she will always choose the "FAIR" options on the makeup aisles.



My parents arrived Thursday night and we wasted no time decorating Christmas cookies! As you can see it was very hard for one little "parable" to not eat them all up.


Story really is an all or nothing kind of girl. I like that about her.



These two are quite a pair...


Meila and I had some quality floor time. I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but she told me that her new year's resolution is to make it on to the Conan O'Brien Show.



This right here is what I like to call Holy Matrimony. Homemade Thai food and sweet tea....on Christmas Eve no less.


I came downstairs on Christmas morning and was surprised to see that I did not get the lumberjack pajama memo.

Everyone was in a kissy mood too....






We fixed these and this for Christmas morning breakfast! Don't make me choose which one I liked best.



After breakfast it was present time! This picture makes me laugh every time I see it! Meila's legs are practically in the splits! She is serious about stability.


Santa brought Story a "bitty baby" as she calls her. There are few things cuter than a 2.5 year old carrying her doll in a doll carrier.


These are the famous Burgundy Mushrooms that I tweeted about. It was a 9 hour process, but they were delicious! They were really rich, so I think next time we should cut the recipe in half.

A shout out to Amy's dad Hugh for providing the the yummy steaks! And as my friend Lacey would say, they were "EWWYUGE!" Ok, she doesn't really pronounce it like that. It's a long story that involves a man at a garage sale. Ask me about it sometime.


Here these two go again.....




It was so fun just to be together for a few days. We pretty much hibernated until we went to church on Christmas Eve and Sunday....oh and a trip to the store to get 4lbs of mushrooms. You should have seen the looks we got. We watched two movies, talked about all kinds of things. We laughed and cried...but we do that every time we get together. All in all, it was a really sweet Christmas.

We took a family picture, but it's not in my possession. Until then, I'll leave you with my current favorite part of Meila's body....her chubby little leg.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a picture perfect Christmas to me! I loved reading this knowing what your voice would sound like if you were telling me about it person! Hopefully you know what I mean by that, haha. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Emily Stivers

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! I love Meila's chubby leg! It looks very similar to mine these days- until this baby comes!!

In other words they are 'EWWYUGE!!". (thanks for the shout out!)

So glad to hear your Christmas was wonderful! Shea and I thought about you while we were in Springfield for a couple of days. SOrry we missed you but so glad you got to spend it with your family!

Lacey