Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Getting to know... Jessica


1. Where do you live?

I live in Boudha, Phulbari, Kathmandu, Nepal. I have no street address. If you want to come to my house the directions would be “Boudha Phulbari, near Phulbar school, next door to the Phulbari plant nursery.

2. What is your favorite color?

Dark purple…but this can change at any moment. I’ve neve
r been good at maintaining a favorite color. I remember in the 8th grade I decided it was navy blue and for a year EVERYTHING I wore was navy blue.

3. What is your favorite city?

In the world-I would say Rome. Nothing can beat the history, pizza, ice cream, and “Ciao Bella!” In the states-Portland (on a sunny day it’s perfect)

4. What is your favorite thing to cook?

Apple crisp. Not only does it taste sooo good but it reminds me
of home.

5. What beauty product would you prefer to not live without?

Neutrogena facial moisturizer the spf15 has saved my face many a time. Burt’s Bees pomegranate chap stick.... Not only does it hydrate my lips but also adds a little color.

6. What is your favorite Kathmandu restaurant?

Before I answer this you should know that I LOVE food and cannot give you just one answer. The French restaurant has the best raviolis that my mouth has ever tasted and the ambiance is girly and perfect. Road House has great pizza but I honestly love it for their hummus and chicken caesar wrap. R2K-is Mediterranean heaven. The only other time I’ve found falafel that good was in Egypt.

7. What is one thing you can't help but splurge on?
(good)Food-magazines-Starbucks drinks-spa-vacation. Every other area in my life I’m extremely cheap and frugal


8. What movie can you recite by heart?
Clue
Sandlot
Sweet Home Alabama…and many more
There was a six-month period in my life when I lived in a village and watched the same 15 movies over and over again. Sometimes I would watch them with the subtitles on and talk with the actual characters.
(let this be an example of what extreme loneliness can do)

9. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?

(warm)Sit by the pool with a good book and a diet coke
(cold) coffee/tea with a friend

10. Which tv show makes you happiest?
Please don’t judge me but my top 3 are
My boys
The office
Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory
All three of these shows make me laugh out loud

11. What is your favorite beverage?
Cold-green tea frappuccino
Hot- chi tea or hot chocolate (both made with milk)

12. What is one trend that totally victimized you?
Perms and bright colored frames for glasses. These two particular trends took away about 5 years of potential coolness and popularity.

13. If you could trade lives with anyone for a day who would you choose?
Oprah- I would use her power for good

14. What is your favorite comfort food?
Potatoes in all its various forms. Chips-fries-fried-hashbrown-mashed-loaded

15. What famous person have you heard you resemble?
Helen Hunt specifically when the movie Twister came out

16. What is your favorite adventure that we've shared?

So many adventures to chose from. My top 3 would be:

1.The week long “shoot on sight curfew”. I still laugh over what we would purchase during the few hours they would let us out to purchase food.

2. Trekking to Everest Base Camp



3. Our vacation to Thailand-sun slapped, speed boats, and great friends. Still one of the best vacations of my life.



17. What was the best piece of advice you were ever given?
Wherever you are be all there.

18. Who gave it to you?
Tom Fort- the former director of Student Ministries for the Northwest Baptist Convention. He wrote it in a letter to me while I was an isolated missionary watching the same 15 movies over and over again.

19. What 3 possessions do you value most?
Photo albums
Down comforter
iPod

20. What three non-material things do you value most?
God
Family
Friends
I have truly been blessed beyond all measure. If you know my friends and family you can’t help but agree and feel a little envious of my life.

20. When was the last time you told someone you loved
them?
2 days ago

22. Who was it?
I was talking to my sister on skype



To keep up with my friend Jess, check out
her blog!

0 comments: