Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall Is Here!

If you're around me for very long, you'd know that I always talk about wanting to learn to sew or whip up a fun craft that I've seen on a blog.



Well tonight was the night! This week Elsie posted Rachel's adorable Acorn Garland Tutorial and I was smitten. I've been wanting something festive on our door and felt like this was perfect!

On the way home from work, I decided to make it happen. When it was all said and done, I had to go to Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart on the Friday before Halloween. I must have had a mental lapse of all sanity.


I got home, cranked up Brooke Fraser's new album, lit a pumpkin candle and crafted away! I couldn't find 2 different types of wood grain like Rachel suggested, so I used felt for the acorn tops. I really like the texture aspect that it brings.

I've haven't crafted like this since I lived in Nepal and now I've decided that I need to do this kind of thing much more often. I'm surrounded by crafty friends...so it should be easy! It was so relaxing (aside from the supply shopping) and I wish I could bottle and sell the sense of accomplishment that I felt when I hung them on the front door.

I may or may not have looked through the peephole when I heard my neighbors coming home across the hall. And I'm pretty sure they noticed the happy little acorns.

Thanks Rachel!



I just noticed that the last three (now four) paragraphs have started with "I." Oh well, I guess it's ok to talk about myself on my own blog right?

0 comments: