Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Designed for Life Weekend


I had been looking forward to this past weekend for MONTHS! Not only was my family in town, but it was the Designed for Life Women's retreat at church!



The theme of the weekend was "Dare to Dream!' These letters were huge on the stage! This picture doesn't do them justice.


My mom, Amy Ruth and Jan (Amy's mom) joined me for the conference. I can't say enough about how great it was! Aside from my pastors, my favorite speaker was Christine Cain. She's on staff at a little church in Australia you might have heard of....Hillsong?


God is still stirring in my heart and her words are sinking in. She has such a contagious zest for the local church and everyone finding their place. Her communication style is straight forward and she doesn't really on any bells or whistles to share what God has giver her to say. Loved her!


I love that my church goes all out. Every last detail was accounted for and I'm amazed at the HUNDREDS of volunteers that pulled the weekend off so well. With close to 3,000 women in attendance, the weekend was filled with such sweet worship. We were even given beautiful necklaces with the conference theme engraved on them. What a treat! Who's going with me next year?







We didn't get a picture of all of us together, but here's one of my parents and their sweet grandgirls. I think they're smitten don't you? It will be Thanksgiving before we're all together again......until then, I'm still remembering all those sweet hugs and kisses.

2 comments:

Amy Sue said...

Ooo, I'd love to come next year! It was fantastic and so much better then the cookie cutter "conference in a box" that I've been to so many times and walked away disappointed. This was fresh, relevant and inspiring.

Emily said...

Me, me! I'm coming with you next year!