Thursday, June 17, 2010

What $10 buys....

Last month at work we set a record breaking month, so all of the employees were given a $10 Itunes gift card! I try not to go crazy on Itunes, because let me tell you, if I bought every song that I heard and liked, I'd be in major debt. So, I've come up with a system that works for me.

Did you know that you can create a wish list on Itunes? You can add an entire album or just one song! It's great and I like the idea of keeping track of what I'd like to buy when I get a gift card. It was a hard choice between buying an entire album or picking a random mix...but here's what I came up with!

Click on the song title to hear the song! (some of the videos are really cheesy, but you can hear it for free)


1. Be Mine (Acoustic Live Version) by Robyn
Robyn is one of a kind. She has been around for a while, but I've just recently heard this song and fell in love with her voice.

These guys were in town not too long ago and I completely missed it :(

I'm declaring this THE song of the summer. I haven't done that since 2006 with Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy." Just trust me on this ok?

4. Everybody by Ingrid Michealson
This song started playing when I went to this blog. If you have a minute, stick around and read this. Thanks Annie for suggesting this blog!

5. My Devotion by Kristene Mueller
I'm a new fan of Kristene's....especially this song (which I already own and have worn out) This girl has an incredible gift of writing lyrics. My favorite line in this song is:
"Beautiful man, beautiful God, you are more than worth my time. More than worth these longings left unfulfilled..... just for a time."

6. Half Acre by Hem
Heard this on a commercial and just had to have it.

7. On A Good Day by Joanna Newsom
Her voice is so weird and lovely all at the same time. This song is short and sweet...so short that I usually listen to it a couple of times before moving on to the next song.

What can I say? I Heart NYC! So far I've been in the Winter and Fall. Anyone up for a Spring trip?

9. Come Talk To Me by Bon Iver
This is a long song....but every bit of it is great. Love the banjo on this. It was just about a year ago that I went to see Bon Iver in concert with Emily.

10. Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap
Another song I heard on either a commercial or movie.

So tell me...what songs are on repeat for you?

0 comments: