Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Letting go of plans...

Found via Running Mommy


Isn't this so beautiful? The music is by the brilliant Gustavo Santaolalla. You can download this commercial soundtrack for free here. (track #9)

I don't know about you, but I lean towards the notion that the journey creates the person. Looking back on my favorite journeys so far, it is true that I've learned a lot about myself...but even more than that, I've learned about my desperate need for the Lord's refining fire in my life. A good trip will do that for you.

I just recently heard a song on the radio with this lyric....

"I'm letting go of the life I've planned for me and my dreams. I'm losing control of my destiny. It feels like I'm falling and that's what it's like to believe. So I'm letting go."

Not everyone's heart beats faster when they think of exploring the world like mine does. And that's ok. Even though it's hard to say, I am trying my best to let go of the life of traipsing and ministering around the world that I've planned for me and my (not yet existent) husband and tri-lingual children. :) And by letting go...I interpreted the song like this: I don't have to give up on those dreams, I just need to continuously give them back to the Lord because I truly believe that He is the one that placed them in my heart in the first place.

I guess it just comes down to trusting Him with those plans. I'm sure that when the Lord sees me, my knuckles are white because I'm holding tightly to my passport. Why do I have such a hard time letting go? I say that I want His best, but at the end of the day I'm worried that if I don't hold on to my plans, then He will forget.

Until then, you can count on me to continue posting videos that take me away for even just a moment. I can't wait for the day when I dust off my passport and suitcases...even if they are not Louis Vuittons :)


1 comments:

Kera said...

hi! thanks for the link! i just saw the excellent movie invictus with morgan freeman and matt damon. i highly recommend it if you haven't seen it already. the movie is about nelson mandela and his destiny to be a leader. the title of the film refers to the beautiful victorian poem 'invictus' which you can read here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invictus

also the song from the movie is really great too...9000 days, (that he spent in prison)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J1Xov0dB5Q&feature=PlayList&p=561202391CAA3710&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1

anway, sorry for the long message, but your post is great and i was really inspired by this movie, and hopefully it helps you!