Thursday, April 15, 2010

That's not my name!

*post title inspired by THIS song*








During the course of the day, I talk on the phone quite a bit. I've been keeping a list of names that people have called me and it's getting hilarious.

~Keep in mind that I clearly state my name at the beginning of each conversation~

Here they are in alphabetical order:

Adrian
Alicia
Amanda
Amber
Andre'
Cynthia
D'Andrea ~the guy who called me this even commented on how much he liked my name. I just said "thanks."
Sandra

Does anyone ever mistake your name for something else?

4 comments:

Dusty said...

Yes, I feel your pain. Most of the time when I introduce myself as Dusty I've noticed that people only tend to pay attention to the first syllable and assume that I go by Dustin. I also get Justin, Rusty, and Jason. The last one is a product of the fact that the interim youth minister here before me was Jason.

Emily said...

People don't mess up my name BUT when I call them about their bill and say I'm with "Bluegrass Cellular" they often get confused thinking I say "Blue Cross Blue Shield." And then they rant for 5 minutes about how they don't even have insurance with that company...

...and to comment on Dusty's comment, my Grandpa totally calls him Rusty. Hehe.

mrs.watson said...

last week chad's grandpa gibson called me tyler...twice.

Beckie said...

I don't have a problem with people mistaking my name for something else. But, people never seem to remember my name. For that reason, I call this song by the Ting Ting's my theme song.