Wednesday, January 06, 2010

23 books


My friend Emily is an avid reader. When I say avid, I mean she might even read in her sleep. She always has a book in her purse. Always. At a moment's notice, she has that thing whipped out and you hear the turning of pages before you even knew she started reading. I don't know how she does it, but she even reads while riding in a car.

As I was unpacking my books, I decided to designate this shelf for all of the books:
-I haven't read
-I've only read the first few chapters
-I've read, but it's been a while so I want to read them again.

23 books...that's almost 2 books a month. I think that is manageable right Emily? Who am I kidding...that is child's play compared to you!

*the books pictured above are in no particular order on the shelf.

**some were given to me and others I purchased for myself.

***have you read any of these books?

****I started re-reading this one last night

(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 is a short book about reaching International students, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, and 23)

5 comments:

Beckie said...

Like your friend Emily, I always have a book in my purse. And, like you, I have a stack of books that I haven't read.

In your list, I've read #5 and #19. A word of advice with #5...it's easy to forget that the title can have a different meaning. I remember telling my parents about this great book I was reading and my dad was like, "excuse me." So, be careful =).

Meredith said...

15 is a must. Steve and Christa did this study at their house a couple of years ago and it was a life changing book. :)

Emily said...

6: One of my favorites!
7: Another fav! She's like a female Donald Miller, you'll love it.
10: On my list of things to read this year...
11: I totally gave you this one!
18: Eh
22: Haven't read *yet* but have heard is fantastic
23: Throw it out, and replace it with some fiction, geeze! There's a book called Perpetua that you would love. I've gotten several people hooked. :)

PS: I believe you've summed up my reading obsession quite nicely!

Clayton said...

#5 was a great book.
I haven't read #16. How much of this one have you read?

Andrea said...

Clayton, I haven't even cracked #16 open.