Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do



Does anyone else feel like they are breaking up with Christmas after December 25th? It all starts for me around 3pm on Christmas Day. After only one month, the fun is over. The clean up begins and my feelings start to change. It is fun while it lasts, but eventually enough is enough. Breaking up is hard to do.

First things first, I pack up all evidence of Christmas. If I can't have my decorations up year round, I can't handle seeing the festivity anymore.

Breaking up is awkward too. Case in point, when you turn on your car and the Christmas cd you forgot about starts playing your song. Even worse, you go to your friend's house for New Year's Eve and they still have their Christmas tree up. Didn't they hear that you guys broke up? And don't even get me started on that neighbor that keeps his inflatable snow globe up until March....

I'll admit it though, I'm a sucker for Christmas each time it comes around. Between the lights and candles....it feels like the whole month of December glows. Christmas carols from all of my favorite artists.....oh Christmas, why do you have to be one year away?

2 comments:

Sara said...

Keely is only 3 and she would agree with you. We took the tree down Sunday and now can't understand why the whole city is still decorated!! We had so many fun family moments this month that I too was pretty sad when the day wrapped up!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, yes, yes, and more yes. I completely agree with the way you feel here. :) And love all things Christmas... music, lights, decorations... sigh. Only 361 days to go!