Monday, November 16, 2009

Burrito Thursdays



Ok, so I admit that Savannah and I didn't spend too much time going over her grammar or geography homework. It's obvious that she got a little confused as to where exactly I was moving. Besides that, let's just break down this letter shall we?

- In Savannah's world, everyone who lives in California meets Miley Cyrus. I'll have to ask my friends Amanda and Sara about that.

-Sarah is the name of her new Big Sister. Can I just say what a HUGE answer to prayer she is. Here's why: Not only did Savannah get another Big Sister, but Sarah is a Christ Follower and I know her! She used to be one of the residents in my dorm. She is a precious young woman who loves the Lord. I'm so thankful that the Lord paired them together.

- Thursday has always been Savannah's favorite day of the week because they served burritos in the cafeteria. It was about the same quality as a gas station burrito. Gross right? I guess Savannah is pretty easy to please.

I'm so thrilled that she wrote me...except when I write back, I'm going to have to explain that I haven't met Miley Cyrus.....yet.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Is it pathetic that her letter made me cry? I think I must have gotten a little attached to her last year!

I'm really glad she got another Big Sister who you know and trust!

Emily said...

I forgot to say that I love how she switches to cursive for the closing sentiment!

jesserae said...

after reading this letter I just might make my way to the only Mexican restaurant in KTM and eat a burrito in honor of Savannah. Burrito Thursday sounds like a happy day indeed.

KK said...

How precious

Amy Sue said...

I'm so happy you heard from her and that she wants to keep in touch. (Even if one of her motives is that she thinks you'll be able to introduce her to Miley Cyrus)

Elizabeth said...

Can I just tell you that these Savannah posts are among my favorites?!? I'm SO glad that your lives intersected. And find it more than a little amusing that her p.s. was all about burritos. ;)

Emily said...

this warms my heart so much! a little piece of c-ville has followed you all the way to california! :)

crispy said...

So sweet. I am so glad you were involved in her life.