Monday, October 26, 2009

Long Distance Friends

I'd been looking forward to that hug for 3 years. As I walked from my car into the crowded room, I felt weak in the knees with excitement.

Friendship has a way of taking you many places. For Alicia and I, it all started in Springfield, then Thailand, after that Nepal, then to India and back to Thailand again.

She lives in India now with her family.

As we hugged tightly, all of the long plane rides, late night talks about crushes, sweaty bus rides to World Wonders and nights spent asking the Lord to use us in His adventures came flooding back to my mind.



As we hugged tightly, I whispered into her ear, "You're a mother now!"

"I know! Can you believe it?" she whispered back.

Teary eyed hugs are the best aren't they Alicia? Thanks for introducing me to your son. He already has a special place in my heart. I can't wait to come to India and read to him from his Jesus Storybook Bible.

0 comments: