Friday, October 30, 2009

Full Circle Moment


Tonight I spoke with a friend for the first time in 3 years.


Of course there is a long story that accompanies that statement, but here's the important information....


*3 years ago, our friendship ended with no hope for a future.

*We didn't speak to each other for 1 year.

*I heard THIS song and felt so convicted of this severed relationship. I even blogged about it!

*I emailed my long lost friend, not sure if I would even get a response.

*Not only did I get a response, but I was blown away that unbeknownst to each other, the Lord had been working in each of our hearts at the same time.

*We both decided that it was time to begin the restoration process!

*At first things started slowly. We emailed for a year, then eventually became Facebook friends.....

*And tonight, my phone rang almost 3 years to the day since the last time I heard her voice.


We've both missed out on incredible things in each other's lives. But the important thing is that He is restoring the wasted years.


I'm not sure our friendship will ever be the same. And in a way, I'm ok with that. We seem to have a newfound appreciation for each other and there seems to be such a sweet quality to our friendship now.


Thank you Lord for not forgetting this relationship. You are to be praised!

1 comments:

KK said...

I'm in the middle of a very similar difficult and miraculous restoration. He is good!