Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Completely Frivolous

My friend Skyler blogged about a conversation we had recently, so I felt like I needed to hold up my end of our non existent bargain. Recently I came across a picture and it screamed out to me from the computer screen! Do you want to know what it said?

It said, "YOU LIVE HERE!"

Ok, not really, but for the first time ever, I related with the interior design of a room like never before. Here's the picture....



Now I know this room won't float everyone's boat, but work with me. I love the colors, the map, distressed furniture and suitcases, that pop of red...and even the peak into the gray cabinets in the kitchen. As much as I love traveling and missions, I do feel that a map AND a globe are a little much for one room. But other than that, I just love everything about this space. I think if you know me well, you would agree.

Here are some other rooms that tickle my fancy....



I like the mismatched chairs and all of the color. Somehow the bold wall color choice fades as a neutral compared to the rest of the room.



I love the couch, rug, and the over all bohemian feel of this room.

Someday soon, I hope to have a place of my own to share pics of. I struggle with not wanting to be too focused on these types of things. The struggle comes when I find myself focusing too much on the wall colors instead of who I'm inviting over for fellowship. I want to have a place that is warm and inviting, but also a place that encourages conversation that goes beneath the surface level. I guess what I'm trying to say is that in the grand scheme of things, room decor seems surface level.... I know there can be a good balance and that's what I'm striving for. Any tips on that from those of you who have it all figured out?

Changing topics, guess who has a new album out today? Here's a hint....I've blogged about them before!


......Swell Season!



P.S. Don't miss the Encore at around the 30 minute mark

P.P.S. Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks they are an adorable couple.....anyone? I know there is an 18 year age difference and all...but come on. Did you see the way they look at each other

3 comments:

crispy said...

Sure have missed your blog lately. Hope all is well. Still wondering about your new job and how it is all going.

blessings

KK said...

Yes, they are adorable as a couple.

Elizabeth said...

Each of these pictures reminded me SO much of you... I can see why you liked them! :) I'm looking forward to rejoicing with you when you have your own place to call home... hopefully soon!