Friday, September 25, 2009

Wild about...



Since my visit to Dubai, UAE in 2004, I've had a special place in my heart for the Arabic language and calligraphy. I think it is beautiful written and spoken. That's why I'm wild about artist/calligrapher Khaled Al-Saai.

Here is a bio snippet from his website..."Khaled Al Saai was born in Syria in 1970. He grew up in a household surrounded by painting, music and calligraphy. By the age of eighteen he had already established a reputation as a calligrapher. He graduated from the University of Damascus in 1998 with his MA in Fine Art, and went on to become an internationally recognized master of Arabic calligraphy. He has participated in many international art competitions and held solo exhibitions throughout Europe and several Middle Eastern countries."



2 comments:

KK said...

That is very cool!

The Bug said...

Beautiful!