Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day!

I highly recommend starting a new job the week before a major holiday. I started my new job on Tuesday, worked 4 days and then got a long weekend! Back to back 4 day weeks are not too shabby! I'm so thankful to have this long weekend to rest and be still. I feel like the amount of traveling I've been doing has made me feel like a crazy person. Don't worry, I tried to tone down the crazy as I was meeting my new co-workers.

Before I started my job, I squeezed in a few days of adventure. After I flew back from my interview, my mom and I turned right back around and road-tripped back to MO. I packed up my car with essentials and we had a great trip. As we were driving, my mom had a great analogy on kudzu. She said that kudzu is a lot like sin, because once it is introduced it comes in and takes over!

Once we dropped off my car in MO, we flew back to Florida for a planned family weekend in Miami. We were so happy to all be together before we once again are split up in 3 different states. Story is becoming more and more fun to interact and play with!

My favorite part is when she holds nothing back when she claps. Her arms reach way behind her so she can really get her clap on!

On a completely unrelated note, I've had the MDA telethon on in the background while typing this blog. Am I the only one that likes to watch for the sole purpose of watching how nervous the people presenting the checks get? Don't you know they have practiced what they were going to say for WEEKS, but once the microphone is pointed at their mouth, they just draw a blank. And don't telethons bring out the most obscure performers? So far I've seen Cathy Rigby, Ace Young and Lee Greenwood.

Hillsong recap is in the works.......until then, let me share with you a section of verses that has been brought to my attention THREE different times this week. I'm listening Lord!

Matthew 13: 18 "Study this story of the farmer planting seed.

19 When anyone hears news of the kingdom and doesn't take it in, it just remains on the surface, and so the Evil One comes along and plucks it right out of that person's heart. This is the seed the farmer scatters on the road.

20 "The seed cast in the gravel - this is the person who hears and instantly responds with enthusiasm.

21 But there is no soil of character, and so when the emotions wear off and some difficulty arrives, there is nothing to show for it.

22 "The seed cast in the weeds is the person who hears the kingdom news, but weeds of worry and illusions about getting more and wanting everything under the sun strangle what was heard, and nothing comes of it.

23 "The seed cast on good earth is the person who hears and takes in the News, and then produces a harvest beyond his wildest dreams."

(The Message)

2 comments:

The Bug said...

I come from the land of kudzu (NC) & we always say "we'd better go down this road fast because the kudzu's gonna take over!"

Hillengrandma said...

I absolutely love your videos of Story. She is sooo cute and has so much personality already. You will miss getting to see her I know.