Friday, September 18, 2009

Hillsong Encounter Miami





When it comes to this Hillsong recap, I have to admit I’ve been dragging my feet. Where do I even begin with the task of telling you about the Miami Encounter Conference? I feel obligated to share my experience with you all in hopes that you will make a point to have a Hillsong experience of your own someday soon! (See below for more details)

My Junior year of high school, my friend (and fellow cheerleader) Lacey gave me my first Hillsong Church worship cd. You should know that I wore that cd out. Why hadn’t I heard anything like this before? It was a whole new world of incredible lyrics to sing to the Lord. There was and is just something about the heart of Hillsong church that I connect with. If all you think of when you hear Hillsong is the standby “Shout to the Lord,” then I am here to tell you that Hillsong has come a long way. Even though that song will always have a special place in my heart, the Lord has used the Hillsong team to create even better songs. To list my favorite would be impossible.


(Although this picture was taken at the Miami Encounter, it is not one of mine. Click on the photo for the photo credit)

I have to admit that this Hillsong Encounter Weekend seemed to be at an inconvenient time in my life; right in the middle of my move to Missouri. I was so busy with interviews and moving that I didn’t really take any time to prepare my heart for the conference. When I walked into the University of Miami arena, I knew immediately that it was going to be an incredible weekend. My brother Adam, sister-in-law Amy and I found our seats and I loved how diverse the crowd was. Kids, Grandparents, youth groups, worship leaders, married couples, babies, and lots and lots of different languages being spoken. I was in my happy place!

I can’t use the word “concert” to describe the music, because it was so much more than that. Yes, there were incredible musicians and unbelievable lights and effects, but it was also the sweetest praise I’ve ever heard and been a part of. Everyone in that place had gathered to sing to the Lord and about His sacrifice for us. God truly did something significant in my heart that weekend.

(Click on the photo for the photo credit)

Here’s some good news! Hillsong is coming to a theater near you! According to their website, “on Wednesday, November 4th, Hillsong United will appear on movie screens across the US for an exclusive One Night Event featuring a performance by the internationally recognized worship band and their much-anticipated documentary, hosted live from Australia. This one-night event will begin with a LIVE intro by Hillsong United’s lead singer Joel Houston, followed by the band performing from their church in Sydney (recorded LIVE the previous night) and conclude with the worldwide debut of their cause-based documentary I HEART REVOLUTION: WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER telling the stories of justice, compassion, and mercy around the globe. Here's the trailer!


Click here to find a theater near you! If you decide to go, let me know! I'll be attending here in my new/old town...I would love for you to join me!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go with you.

htuck