Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Feeling Good....

Last night I slept in an empty apartment. As I was lying there on the air mattress, I couldn't help but grin. I have dreamt of the day I drove away from this place...for a very long time.

I know that some day I will look back fondly on my time here in the middle of these tobacco fields. But that day is not today. TODAY, I'm leaving. And it feels so good for this season to end.

It's a new dawn.

It's a new day!

I've got my friend and roadtrip dj Emily coming along for the ride. Our first stop is Atlanta to stay with my Aunt and hopefully hug on some of my other relatives. Then FLORIDA here we come!

In case you were wondering how my stuff is getting to Florida, the movers (a.k.a. my brother and dad) arrived around 8pm. By midnight, all of my belongings were loaded into a small trailer and they hit the road to overnight it. I'm so thankful for those crazy men. I couldn't have done it without them. And a huge shout out goes to Dusty, Emily's husband. He is a master of the dolly!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Woo Hoo!!!! I am SO excited for you and SO looking forward to all that God has in store. :) Keep us posted my friend...