Monday, May 11, 2009

Florida Bound!

Andrea, what are you going to do now that you are a University Graduate?


"I'm going to move to Florida and go to Disney World!"

Graduation has come and gone and aside from it raining all weekend long, it was great! Graduating, emptying out a dorm of 200 women, and hosting my family all at the same time was a challenge. My Resident Assistants did a great job and I was able to spend a good amount of time with my family. I couldn't have done that without their help. Graduation pictures are still streaming in, so I'll have more in the coming days.

I put my notice in at work today, and my last official day is May 31st. I'm so excited about this transition, but at the same time, there are still many unknowns. Here's what I'm praying for and I would covet your prayers as well:

  • A job that utilizes the degree, talent and life experience the Lord has given me. Maybe something in the social service/non-profit field?
  • Like-minded roommate(s)!
  • A church family that will sharpen, encourage and allow me to serve.

3 comments:

Hillengrandma said...

Congrats on your graduation!! You look so pretty and so excited. May God truly bless you as you make big life's decisions.

Shannon said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and so looking forward to seeing what comes next. Whether you end up with a fancy title, prestigious position, trendy logo on your business card, or not, I'm sure you will be successful. (I'm also sure the previous sentence is grammatically incorrect!)

God has given you such an abundance of personality, skill, and experience. I can't wait to see you thrive in whatever is next!

crispy said...

Congrats on the graduation. I kind of wish you could come our way...any jobs in our area? We would love for you to stay with us if that tips the scales in our direction. =)