Thursday, April 16, 2009

High Low

Have you ever played "High Low?" It's a game or conversation starter where everyone takes turns and tells about the High point and the Low point of their day. I think I'll start this as a regular feature on my blog.

I'll go first.

High: Having an extremely talented photographer (that I've been a fan of from afar) use words like "wow" and "so amazing" in reference to one of my favorite photographs...then he asked to see more of my work!

Low: Having to call the police to the dorm again, only to know the officer on a first name basis from an incident that happened not even 1 week ago.

There is a lovely blog that you should be reading if you don't already. Bring the Rain is written by Angie Smith. Last year, she wrote something that shook me to the core. I saved it and knew it would come in handy eventually.

After a week of highs and lows, nothing compares to the grief Angie is referencing here...but instead of trying to explain it, I'll just let Angie say it best.

“If we didn't need Him so much, we would all be tempted to turn our backs, I'm sure.”

Isn't that the truth? I'm so thankful He remains the same....highs, lows and all.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So when you commented a while back, I didn't realize that you'd been following Angie's blog for as long as I had...

And did Kelly tell you that "Highs and Lows" (as we refer to it) is how we start most of our meetings?

Such fun about your photography! I'm super curious for more details.

Man, another low. I'm sure it's tempting to ask how many more one can take?

I read through Angie's post about Luke and was surprised to come across these sentences...

"I don't let myself "reason" through it, because I can't. I don't let my anger fester too long, or I will, in my own weakness, crumble into nothingness. I just cry out to Him and tell Him that I don't understand, that I am angry, that I want answers. I want to know why. And He gives me momentary peace, and reminds me of the two words that drift around us we mourn."

A year ago I would never have guessed how much these words would describe my own interactions with God. And yet, the "momentary peace" she refers to is what I've experienced over and over...

Wow, this could have been a post in and of itself. Sorry for the lengthiness! Thanks for sharing all you did. Love you...

Sanders said...

Thanks for sharing Adrea! I'd never seen that blog before and needed to read it today.