Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Genealogy

My paternal grandparents were in town a couple of weeks ago. We all call them Maw and Paw Paw. I'm working on a genealogy project for my Appalachia class, so I took advantage of having them to myself and got all of the information I needed!


There are some seriously interesting names in my family tree. Click on the the picture above to check out names like:
Vencil
Eulah
Effie
Agnes
Clabe
Leona
Presse (rhymes with Jesse, his twin brother)

After hashing out the family tree, they were gracious enough to let me take a short video of them sharing a childhood memory.

4 comments:

Hillengrandma said...

Andrea, I love these videos!! You will cherish these so much. You have very sweet grandparents.

whittakerwoman said...

That is fun. I need to do this !H

hillenblogshappywife said...

#1: whittakerwoman commented on your blog!!!
#2: what precious video of your grandparents! Grandparents are treasures, for sure.

Amy Sue said...

These videos will become more precious as the years pass. What a great idea.