Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!


Here we are again...it's our birthday week! I'm so tired of having to blog my love for you from afar. I wish I could just show up at your door tomorrow to hug your neck tight. Then we could just look at each other and say "Happy Birthday! I love you!" There are days like today that I despise being away from the ones I love. And coming in as a close second, is the fact that you and I hardly take pictures together. What's up with that? Even in a group shot, we usually are not standing next to each other, so I can't crop anyone out.

The reason I chose the picture above is because I think you are just so handsome in it. Not to mention the circumstances surrounding that day. It was the night before we left NYC and you and Adam had just been such stars all week long. You catered to our every needs and were content to eat a hot dog in the park while us girls shopped or stayed too long inside one of the museums. You didn't drag me out and say "I'm bored." Instead when I came out and needed to wear everyone out by continuing to talk about all that I had seen, you let me tell you all about my favorite exhibits and the paintings I liked most....even though you had seen them just as much as I had.

This picture was taken right before the cruise around the city. That night was so peaceful and I am so glad I lugged that heavy Polaroid around all week just for this picture.

It's been an interesting year for us since our last birthday. This next year is wide open to possibility. So today Dad, I want to remind you of Jeremiah 33:3. It says;

"Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

I'm so glad that our Heavenly Father will answer our calls and knows the things we don't. I love you Dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sis!
Let's do something about getting pictures together.

I love you, Dad

Amy Sue said...

A wonderful tribute to a wonderful man! I wish I could take over your blog and do a birthday blog for you! Happy Birthday to you! Let's work hard to plan celebrating together next year.