Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!



Today is my mother's birthday! I can't believe it's already been a year since we celebrated last year in NYC. That was a sensational trip and guess what?...my mom is on a plane headed back to NYC today! I'm more than ok with this becoming a yearly thing mom, I'll just need to plan on coming with you next year!

My mom is the best at making people feel really special; especially on their birthdays. She used to make us breakfast in bed, decorate our bedroom doors, take us out of school for a fun lunch and usually make our favorite birthday dinner. Because I live a couple of states away, it's been hard to celebrate from afar. So I just plan ahead and send a birthday package so that it gets to her on her birthday....except for this year.

I planned ahead alright....and sent her birthday present to myself. Sent it to my own address. I guess I've been a little distracted?

I made the call of shame and you'll never believe how she took it....just fine (like I knew she would). She even threw in "All I need from you is your love honey." Trust me mom, you'll LOVE your presents...when I send them to the right address!

Happy Birthday Mom. I'll be praying for you as you lay Carol to rest in Brooklyn on Friday.
I love you.

4 comments:

hillenblogshappywife said...

Happy Birthday Amy Sue! It was so good to see you!

Natalie Blaine said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I hope you have a great time with my mom in New York. Andrea I have to admit I am totally jealous. We will have to get on the next trip if they do make this an annual thing.

crispy said...

Happy Birthday Amy Sue. How precious to hear that you are still caring for Carol.

Sure miss you guys.

Amy Sue said...

I had a wonderful time in NYC with friends and my sister. The trip to the Cemetery in Queens was one I will never forget. The only way it would have been more fun is if you would have been along. Thank you for the nice things you remember about me. I love being a mom and you and your brother make parenting a joy. I love you!