Saturday, June 28, 2008

Catching up


I went to IKEA recently with Andrea and her kids....let's just say that by the end of the trip we were ALL tired.



About every 2 months or so, I get the urge to change things around. Today was that day. I had a table that was taking up way too much space and its only purpose was to be a surface for picture frames. So I purged 2 shelves of my books and put them in storage. Then I organized the remaining books by color. I didn't use a color wheel, so I'm sure I'm a little off....but I think it looks cool! I had no idea how many black books I had.

In case you are wondering, that black and white picture on the top shelf is of my paternal grandparents on their wedding day. My Paw Paw likes to tell the story that he only had $5 in his pocket when they started out their marriage.

The birdcage looking thing on the left is a random Goodwill find from a couple of weeks ago. It was a whopping $4 and I have no clue what it is. The cage/top lifts off, and the height can be raised to my ceiling! I kind of want to paint it...but don't know what color, or what I should do with it once its painted. Any suggestions???



In case you are not reading this on Saturday when I posted it, the Unreached People of the Day were the SHERPA of Nepal. This is the people group that I worked with and researched for 2 years. I have 3 friends that work with this people group in Nepal and they too could use your prayers. It is NO coincidence that I spoke with one of those friends on the phone today!

0 comments: