Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sometimes I feel like I don’t belong here
Sometimes I know I’m right
Sometimes I’m angry
Sometimes I don’t care
Sometimes I slip into the night

If I had wings I would fly
If I had wings I would fly
If I had wings I would fly

Climb an Oak tree and carve a pumpkin
Light a candle for its eyes
Hello November
I need surrender
I need to let October die

If I had wings I would fly
If I had wings I would fly
If I had wings I would fly
If I had wings I would fly

I’ve forgotten what I need the most
the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
I’ve forgotten who I love the most
the Father , Son and the Holy Ghost
I’m sitting in a city where I used to dream
I used to dream
I used to dream
I still feel it in the places where the lies can reach
Where the lies can reach
Where the lies can reach

If I had wings I would fly
If I had wings I would fly
If I had wings I would fly
If I had wings I would fly

Lyrics by Andrew Osenga

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Where DO you find these absolutely perfect songs? You amaze me... and I love you for it.

Andrea said...

You can find this song on Itunes on his Postcards and Souvenirs cd. It is SO good! (he is part of Caedmon's Call)

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=193373260&s=143441