Sunday, April 13, 2008

lots of WORDS...sorry!

So it's been a busy and eventful week! Here are the highlights...
  • I came back into town to find out that my clocks had been set forward. It turned out ok, because after getting to class an hour early, I just chilled out with a Starbucks. It made me think about starting my day earlier....I would like to be a morning person. ( nobody has claimed the prank yet)
  • Went to class, and the normal seat that I like to sit in was occupied. I found another seat, enjoyed the class and walked back to my apartment. When I got home, I sat down at my desk and worked on my computer for a little bit. When I stood up to do something else, my flimsy office chair STUCK TO MY BUTT. I pulled the chair off to discover that I had sat in gum at some point....this is all before 10am people! It was white, minty gum, which I don't chew, so my suspicion is that it happened at class. I've laughed many times thinking about that clueless walk I took from class across campus in my dark denim jeans with white gum all over the seat of my pants. (DW40 takes it right out FYI)
  • Later that day, one of my professors resigned. There are a lot of unknowns about the situation, but with only 3 weeks until finals left, we were all shocked. We are supposed to get a replacement from UK tomorrow.
  • On a more serious note, I had an interesting dream last night that I wanted to share. It's the kind of dream that I just can't shake and I've been thinking about it all day. I was in the front passenger seat of a car and we pulled over to the side of the road. I don't know who all was in the car, and the only thing I know about the driver is that it was a man. Once we pulled over, he got out and as he exited the car he took of his jacket and put it in the driver's seat. On the jacket's lapel was a pin. (like a University or Union logo) I don't remember what the pin looked like. Upon seeing that pin on his jacket, I was overcome with fear and I immediately felt like we all needed to flee, and as I was getting out of the car I screamed to everyone in the car, "He is not here to endanger us, He is here to destroy us" It's like something triggered in my mind that we had it all wrong, and this guy was evil. When I woke up, I was just filled with fear. I have some ideas as to how the dream could be applied in my life, and the obvious link to me is that of the enemy. Scripture tells us that he seeks to destroy.... I'm just going to keep thinking and praying about it. I'm such a vivid dreamer, and the Lord has definitely used them before in my life.

Well, there you have it....my week in words! Any thoughts?

3 comments:

crispy said...

The dream is very interesting. With the evil guy in the driver seat, seems like an authority figure, or someone who has control.

Just a thought. I love trying to figure out what dreams mean. I am in a deep study of Daniel right now.

Anonymous said...

hahaha I laughed too as i thought of you walking across campus with gum on your butt...actually i laugh at the thought of anyone walking anywhere with gum on their butt....accept me that is. Dreams are weird I never remember any but the bad ones never the good. I had a pretty real dream but the guy in mine was not evil just a dork. I can't remember if i did but i hope i punched him. :- ) rmII

Brad Lee said...

Do you think the driver set your clocks forward and put gum in your seat, cause I hope you punched him too, rmll!

This is late, but sorry you had such a weak week...