Sunday, March 30, 2008

Flea Market Finds!




This girl LOVES to go flea marketing...I'm sure thats a verb right? Kind of like speelunking? We have a pretty decent Goodwill store in town and I also managed to spend 3 hours in this flea market in Louisville yesterday.Here's what I found!



1-2. This fabulous purse that was made in Italy! I tried , but failed to find more information online about the brand name. Another great suprise with this purse, was that it was stuffed with old newspaper dated 1977 from Buenos Aires, Argentina! I've saved it and will put it to good use somehow.


3. I picked up a new suitcase for my stack. It's the third one down and is textured almost like linen...but rougher?


4-5. This is an old asian influenced parasol...isn't the handiwork so intricate? I hung it in the corner from the ceiling.


6. I'm a sucker for linens, and when I saw this chinese lantern handtowel, I had to have it.

I also picked up a little something for Story, my yet to be born niece, but I can't show it on here until I've given it as a gift!


3 comments:

crispy said...

Love them all. The "stack" is my favorite. =)

Emily said...

I think that the parasol and suitcase look great!!! I can't wait to see the full effect in person!

Anonymous said...

Why is it that you can find these "treasures" and I wouldn't even see them in the midst of everything? mom