Saturday, December 15, 2007

Exhale

Breath in....breath out.

The semester is over. Never to be repeated again. My building is empty.

The end of each semester is bad, but the Fall finals week has proven to be my least favorite. Especially this one.

Unbelievably, our campus ended this semester in the same way it began. We are mourning the death of another student. She was an international student from Kenya. She hadn't felt well for about a week and went to the ER on Sunday night. She was in heaven by Monday afternoon. She was supposed to graduate last night.

There are words that are ringing in my ears from her memorial service. One of her friends stood behind the microphone and the first thing he said about her was this...

"Everyone that knew her, knew she loved Jesus."

When I heard these words, my heart immediately sank. Not because of what he said about her, but I wondered what my friends would say about me and my life. I want to live my life in a way that everyone's first thought about me is that I love Jesus.