Tuesday, November 06, 2007

ONE Costume Party



I'm a couple of weeks behind, but I didn't want to post anything until I had my NYC extravaganza posted.

On October 27th, we had a gorgeous Costume Party on campus. We charged the students $5 to enter, and they also had to bring a can of food. All of the money went to the World Food Program and the cans went to a local food bank. We also took the opportunity to bring awareness to the ONE campaign. The party was a hit, and I hope that this will become an annual event!

I wore my trusty Indian sari and nosering bling. It's always a crowd pleaser and I felt so glamorous and South Asian.

Here are some pictures from the night....


A few of the girls in my building



The duo from the IPod commercial



Black Widow Spiders



Mario Brothers and their princesses. They won the group prize!





A few decorations



This alien is getting married next weekend. Hope that mask came off!


Dairy Queen, Burger King, and the Kentucky Hicks.
Great friends with clever costumes.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone really should enlarge the picture of you in order to see the nose bling! Pretty awesome. mom

Amy Ruth said...

You looked beautiful sis! Good ole trusty south asian attire never fails to be gorgeous either.