Sunday, September 23, 2007

The War



I've been anxiously awaiting the television premiere of Ken Burns' new documentary about World War II. Tonight is the night!

The War is a seven part series that tells the story of WWII from an American perspective. A few months ago I outed myself as a closet PBS fan. Because I was so moved by Burnes' The Civil War, I have high expectations for his latest piece of artistry. For reasons that I don't remember, neither of my grandfathers were drafted for WWII. I need to investigate that.

I'm looking forward to the personal testimonies, and of course the musical score. Ok...enough about telling you how much I'm looking forward to watching it...its time!

The documentary will air over two weeks, beginning tonight (four nights the first week and three nights the second week) from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on three nights). Click here to find out showtimes for your area.

0 comments: