Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sad News

An automobile accident has claimed the life of one of the University's students. Last night around 11:30pm, Pam was killed in a car accident as a passenger with three other University students. Grant is in very critical condition, and the other two students are being treated for minor injuries.

This accident involved 2 of our RAs here for training week, so as you can imagine, we are crushed and trying to regroup.

Would you pray for Pam's family as they grieve her loss, and for God to heal Grant's body and fully restore him?

***Update***

Grant is being released from the hospital as I type! Praise the Lord that in less then 24 hours his condition went from very critical to well enough to go home. Pam's myspace page is set on private, but next to her name is says Isaiah 41:10 which says "Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you." (The Message)

How fitting is that?! Our RAs are clinging to this verse at this time.

3 comments:

Preston and Courtney said...

We will for sure be praying for Pam's family and for Grant. Also we will be praying for you and the other RA's. I know this will be hard on everyone.
We love you.

Anonymous said...

We prayed at 2 different meetings today at work for you and the families involved. May God use you to be the voice of encouragement. mom

Hillenblog's Wife said...

oh andrea, my heart breaks for pam's family, and the others involved, as well as for you all. I cannot imagine how anyone can go thru something so sad w/o the Lord to hold them.i will pray that you all feel His arms around you during this time.