Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day


My Dad.....dances with me. This is one of my favorite pictures of us dancing at my cousins wedding. My dad recently moved me and my stuff not once, but twice within a 9 month time period. My dad does my taxes. He is sometimes my car mechanic over the phone. How much pressure do I need in my tires again?

My dad taught my brother and I the importance of a budget. He made sure that he and my Mom came to see me in Nepal. He loves Nepali tea more than anyone I know.

Every time I call for advice, he always has a different perspective to add. He passed on his "story telling" gene to me. (much to our friend's and family's dismay)

My dad hides money and notes in my car for me to find after he's left town. Growing up he led by example for Adam when it came to treating mom and I with respect. He has always been very transparent. Every year I could always count on getting flowers on my birthday at school.

My dad prays for and with me. We are so much alike, that one time I was told that I was a Bradley without a mustache.

He cried when I came off the plane in Tampa from Nepal. I will always remember that car ride in the Honda. Just me and him on the way to surprise the rest of my family. I remember being so overwhelmed being back and he calmly reassured me that I would be fine, and it would just take time readjusting.

My dad had the guts to do dental work in a village in the middle of nowhere after watching an animated how-to video. Then he trained others to do the same! No matter what culture or country he is in, he makes friends so easily. He never fails to bring back goodies from his trips.

He always makes sure that if we are walking near a street he is the one near the curb. I always wondered why he would do this but one day he said it was in case a car hit us, they would have to hit him before us.

Growing up, he made sure I understood why modesty was so important. He also taught me to treat my guy friends the way I would want girls to treat my future husband.

Thank you dad for these things and a million more . . . I love you.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who is more blessed, me for being married to your father or you for having such a loving and caring dad! I think we've both hit the jackpot.
mom

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

Your memory amazes me! Thanks for remembering the good times.

On days like Father's Day, I am reminded of how blessed I am to have you, Adam, Ruth and your Mom in my life. I am humbled by the responsibility and opportunity.

Thanks for being "you".

I love you,
Dad

Brad Lee said...

Awwww... Can your dad adpot me? He sounds so great!

(I agree, He is cool! & what a great father's day gift)

SHB