Monday, May 07, 2007

Life in Semesters



My first semester "back" as a student is finally finished! I can positively say that my life since November has been the busiest I've ever experienced. (with no hope of it slowing down anytime soon) I know this might be a ssssttttrrrreeetttcccchhhhh, but for the first time in my life, I have a glimpse at what it might feel like to be a mom. This semester I've been a:

-Taxi Driver
-Advice Giver
-Shoulder to cry on
-Hall monitor
-Prayer Partner
-Security Officer
-Vacuum Repairlady
-Spider Killer
-Clean Room inspector
-ER waiting room sitter....just to name a few.

Now, I know that being a mom is nothing like being a Resident Director. I'm just saying that although sometimes painful, it feels nice to be stretched out of my "single" mindedness and live for someone else's needs!

Graduation was Saturday, and 150 of my girls are gone for the summer. The other 50 will be trickling out over the next month. My summer will be filled with 2 summer classes, Freshman Orientations, and summer camp kids invading my building!University students start checking in again as early as August 3rd....so I have a feeling that this summer break will feel very short!

When I first read the quote from earlier, it was a simple reminder that I might have only one semester with some and 8 semesters with others. Days here turn into weeks with a blink of an eye. My prayer is that there is always time to change my little dorm in Kentucky.

1 comments:

rachel said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me! I've been a faithful ragamuffinsoul reader since Thanksgiving. They are an awesome family and they used the same agency as us.