Saturday, April 07, 2007

Spring!

Sorry for the lull in quality updates. It's not that there hasn't been anything interesting to blog about, it's just that I'm still computerless...leaving me to rely on using someone else's computer!

"Guess"who mispelled this parking spot in front of admissions? This spot is reserved for prospective students, and needless to say, this wouldn't have made a very good first impression. The error was fixed the same day, but not fast enough for me to snap a quick picture for evidence!


Spring has arrived in Kentucky!

Looks like my friend Andrea is in full bloom too! Her baby girl is due in June.

Last weekend we had an entire day of interviews for the Fall 2007 Resident Assistants. The last challenge was to see how they worked as a team. They had to build something that would protect an egg during a 7 ft drop. They had straws and tape, but couldn't talk during the construction.
This team went for the basket approach.


I'm not sure what this team was thinking.....

Using their extra straws and tape to build a trampoline, the "wrap it and tape it" team prevailed!


In other news.... Amanda, one of my great Resident Assistants, turned #20! As you can clearly see, I'm not the greatest at icing writing.
That's Amanda in the middle with the princess crown on. The other 7 are my crazy, snaggle toothed RAs. Who knew you could have so much fun with Hillbilly teeth?!
Well, there you have it! My last couple of weeks in review. Stay tuned....I'm about to host my very first baby shower. Apparently, I've hit the age where it seems all my friends are having babies! I love it! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trees are beautiful and it looks like Andrea's belly is in bloom too! This was such a newsy blog. You're gonna LOVE your new computer when it arrives. mom

Preston and Courtney said...

Andrea-
Leave it to you to find the mistake in the parking lot!! Can't put anything passed you.
I have been keeping up with your blog and I love it. It is so fun to see what goes on day by day.
Love you tons
Courtney