Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Opinions are like bellybuttons; everyone has one.

The world is full of opinions about what could have and should have happened on the campus at VT.

All day long, I have listened to people spout their opinions. How about we do something productive instead proclaiming ourselves "experts."

Here's a list to choose from. Choose one or all!
1. Pray for the families of the victims. They will now wake up every day for the rest of their lives wishing for one more hug, conversation and a little more time with the loved ones they have lost. Pray that HE would comfort them, and shower them with the love and peace that only HE can provide.

2. Pray for the family of the shooter. The heartache they must feel, the agony in not knowing what they could have done as parents, siblings, grandparents, etc. must be overwhelming. Pray that they might also find a peace and comfort that could only come from HIM.

3. Pray for the staff and faculty at Virginia Tech, that they might be able to support and guide the survivors and students who lost friends, and roommates through the remainder of the semester. I can't imagine losing one of my residents and an RA to a shooter in my building. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

I've had people calling and emaling me like crazy since they know I work at a University now. A campus shooter has never crossed my mind until now. But, wherever I find myself, I know that I am safe...not because a gunman can't enter this buillding, but because I belong to One who will keep me forever.

(don't even get me started on this Imus circus)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your perspective comes from above! I totally agree with you.
Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Mom