Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Conversations.....


Don't you love it when the Lord teaches us a big lesson using a small thing? The picture above is of my friend and I. We'll call her "Ruth." Now, this picture was taken before huge sunglasses were all the rage, not to mention we purchased them from a vendor on a street! We thought we were rockin those shades until, as you can see, Ruth's glasses are unevenly tinted, and we didn't realize this until we looked at the picture on our computers later that day.

"Ruth" lives in South Asia, and thanks to the "new to me" technology of a program called Skype, we can chat for FREE! We set the appointment. (Wednesday night for me, and Thursday morning for her) I bought a new microphone, and we both cleared our schedules.
To make a long story short....she lives in a third world country where things are mostly shady, so we ended up talking for only 10 minutes. But it was a great 10 mintues. There is an art to having a conversation with a time delay. When you think the person is halfway through with their sentence, you go ahead and respond...totally assuming you know how their sentence will end. This does backfire occasionally.

We managed to get all of the important things said in those few minutes, and right on cue, the connection was dropped. To say I was bummed would be an understatement.

As I sat in my dark office, with only the laptop light illuminating my tears....the Lord embraced me. He reminded me that the joy I feel after talking to "Ruth" is the joy He feels when we clear our schedules to talk to Him. The thing is though, we don't need to buy a $15 microphone, and the connection is only dropped by us...not Him.

"I'm absolutely convinced that nothing - nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable - absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us."
Romans 8:38-39 (The Message)

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when HE gets "up close and personal"? ASB