Saturday, February 17, 2007

MOMO Party


As I sit down to post this blog...I am so stuffed with momos! Bhumika, Isha, Ajay, and I all went to Wal-Mart to get the supplies. We purchased all the supplies to feed 14 for only $50! Can't beat that! We came home and got to chopping and grating. We chopped 3 large red onions, 1 bundle of green onions, 1 head of cabbage, lots of garlic, tons of ginger , cilantro and shredded 3 carrots. We (mostly Nisha didi) hand mixed that with 6 pounds of ground chicken, and lots and lots of curry, masala and spices from Nepal. Then we all sat down on the kitchen floor and started wrapping all 350 momos. Then the momos were steamed for 7 minutes. The tomato achar is a sauce made up of mostly tomatoes, garlic, ginger and of course more spices! When it was all said and done, we were all stuffed with momos! I did my best to speak Nepali all day, and my head is now aching! We had SO much fun, and we are already planning the next party.

I can't stop smiling!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

My Marrakech said...

I absolutely love momos too! We used to eat them all the time when we lived in Kathmandu! Your momo party sounds very, very fun!

suman said...

thats really fun and we really enjoyed that party...thank you so much andrea...dherai dherai dhanyabad...

suman said...

really really great momo party ..thank you andrea....dherai dherai dhanyabad..

Binod said...

It is good see the all photos of MOMO party. It was really great party. I ate as much as I could but I realized tomorrow morning it was a bit spciy. How about u all my friends?

Elizabeth said...

Wow... looks like you had SO much fun! Wish I could have been there... You'll have to introduce me to your friends when I come to visit!
EWB

Anonymous said...

Looks so good! I remeber our momo party...but on a smaller scale!
ASB

Anonymous said...

Your mom told me all about the momos. To me they don't look so good, but I am sure they are. She is watching my sisters and I while my parents are out of town.
Olivia