Thursday, October 19, 2006

5 weeks

"Obey GOD in the thing HE shows you, and instantly the next thing is opened up. The tiniest fragment of obedience, and heaven opens and the profoundest truths of God are yours straight away. GOD will never reveal more truth about HIMSELF until you have obeyed what you know already."-- Oswald Chambers

God is so good.

He is faithful beyond what I can dream up.

He has provided a job for me, just like He promises. It's been 5 weeks of unemployment, prayers, tears, interviews, pinching pennies and waiting for evidence that He was working. (because seeing it doesn't require trust, and is therefore easier)

In a way that only HE could pull off, I am moving to Kentucky!


I will be working as a Resident Director at Campbellsville University. In an effort to keep this post from taking up the entire screen of your computer, I will keep this short. On 9/24 God used this man to speak clearly to me through His sermon about my prayer life. I went home that night encouraged, inspired, and .....convicted that I hadn't been praying like I should for a job. I hadn't been praying expecting God to do big things. I made a list of what my dream job would consist of, and I started praying for that job. A God sized job. Two days later, a friend emailed me to tell me she had the "perfect job" for me. She had no idea that I was unemployed or looking. I trusted God to work out the details and He did. And in a few weeks I am moving to Kentucky! I will be able to be a full time student while I work, and hope to finish my degree ASAP! Seriously, I could go on for hours, but if you want more details, just email!

He wants us to enjoy life more than we do! He knows our desires, wishes, and talents. This has His fingerprints all over it, and what I love most is that I didn't have anything to do with it.

I could really use your prayers in the following areas:

1. Pray for the logistics of the move.
Timing, safety, and etc.

2. Pray that even now, He is equipping and burdening me as I prepare to serve the 196 women in my dorm.
It is a mission's field! (did I mention there are around 200 international students on campus?)

3. Pray for the Lord to provide some furniture for me!
Either through a great sale, or a borrow situation once on campus.

Thank you for your prayers. My fingers hurt from typing, and my jaw is sore from dropping.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our God is big, He's really, really BIG! Why are we always surprised when He does BIG things! Praising Him for His goodness and praying for the little details that encompass this move. asb