Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Burnettapallooza

I'm returning from a long weekend feeling a mixture of emotions due to various things. Let's start with the good things first........

In order to stay with the Labor Day weekend theme, my former roomie, Sara and her husband welcomed Keely Nevaeh into the world. Being born in Bangkok sounds like a great way to start life. I'm not sure how Sara feels about the experience yet! Click here to see pics of Keely.



After a long awaited 7 months, the Burnettt 5 were together again! Finally! Here is a random collage of our whirlwind weekend.
-We had lunch with my cousin Jodi and her girls, Sophia, Olivia, Emma
-Mom drove Amy and I past the first house my parents lived in after they were married.
-Adam and Dad grilled some killer steaks
-Maw and Paw Paw joined us for dinner and Maw brought a homemade cobbler that was just right...not too sweet, not too tangy.
-Dad gave us all a virtual tour of China from his 2 trips worth of pictures.
-Branson for some retail therapy, and people watching.
I was pleasantly surprised with Branson Landing.
-Walked by the St. Louis Cardinal store and took a picture in honor of Tish and Debbie.
-Quality time watching the Miami/FSU game, playing around with the camera, getting pedicures, lunch at Zios.....

And because he is SO cute, he is worthy of his own collage. My cousin David and his wife have been joined by little baby David. He is 2 months old, but still tiny. His due date was actually today! He was a preemie, but is doing well now. It's nice to have a baby fix now and then.


If you are still reading....this is where things take a more serious turn. Because this post is already too long, I will keep this short.

Believing that the Lord is asking me to jump out of the boat and trust HIM with provision, my last day at my current job is September 13th. No, I do not have anything else lined up. I am doing all that I can to make that happen, but at the end of the day, this is a major lesson in faith. I am anxious to begin D2 next week, and am looking forward to finally having my evenings free so that I can get some much needed fellowship, and get plugged into ministry at church. I had 2 interviews last week, so I covet your prayers! I look forward to sharing good news with you soon. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good times with good company! Let's not wait 7 months to do it again!!! asb

Baby David's Momma said...

Andrea, your photos are amazing. I didnt know that the Davids pics were up until Judy told me. :) Isn't he adorable. I hope your doing well. I enjoyed getting to see you and the girls. Email if ever you want to.
vanwyefamily@yahoo.com

hillenblogshappywife said...

Hey, i know those girls...olivia, sophie, and emma...