Sunday, June 25, 2006

God's Goodness

Today was a good day. It was the kind of day that left me overwhelmed with the extent of God's goodness. Today I was able to spend an hour and a half with precious friends. It had been almost 2 years since I had seen Bethany aka "Anne of Green Gables" or Tammy. I was literally beside myself with excitement as I drove to Panera. (in fact, you could say I was giddy)I practically skipped to the door once I saw the car with Mississippi plates...they were really inside! We hugged. (I love hugs) We ordered coffee. Our conversation oscillated between serious, silly, and reminiscent thoughts.
We laughed about living in South Asia together. I found myself nodding in agreement with alot of what they had experienced since coming back from the field. It was great to have that in common. The thing I love about these girls is there total trust in God. They are both so blessed because of their unwavering obedience. I loved soaking in their wisdom..... I'm so glad they are in my life. In a flash, it was time for them to go, and Panera was closing. We took pictures...I stalled....I'm not sure when I will see these girls again before we end up all over the world again. It was a hard goodbye~Thank you Lord for reminding me that You are God and even though no one can take Your place, You give us the gift of kindred spirits. Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

:) said...

Let me guess...the pink straw is yours?!