Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mero naya Nepali saathiko naam Laxmi ho


Today has been one of those days that were gift wrapped from HIM. After church, some new friends and I went to an Indian restaurant for lunch. Right away I knew that our waitress was Nepali, so I asked her, "Do you know any Nepali people in Kansas City?" and she replied, "I am Nepali!" My heart just about leaped onto my plate of curry chicken and simosas. We then proceeded to converse in Nepalese, which I am a little rusty with, but she seemed so impressed! I am just thrilled beyond words at this answer to prayer. I have been praying for a Nepali friend since I returned from Nepal over a year ago. My new Nepali friend's name is Laxmi, (that's the translation of my title of this blog) .Thank you Lord for ordaining this meeting! By the way, this photo was taken on a phone, so I'm not sure how I ended up with an all blue left eye. It looks robotic.
Then as if that wasn't enough.....I finally have a discipler! Her name is Robin (pictures will come eventually) and she is a wife, a mom, and is passionate about discipleship. It is no coincidence that Robin, once upon a time, moved to KC when she was 25 to follow God's direction.....hmmm...that sounds familiar! I am anxious to get to know her even better, even though we talked for 3 hours. Our poor waitress at Applebees must have thought we would never leave!
Now THAT is a great day!

3 comments:

thrive said...

Andrea,

I am so excited for you. Our God is truly awesome. I know that you have been praying for so long to be discipled and to have friends that are from Nepal. It is so neat to see God answer those prayers. His timing certainly isn't ours, but always perfect. I love you girl and only 3 months until I get back. Then I will really need your prayers and counsel on what to do next.

Kelly

Sara said...

It took me a second to read the title of your blog...but once I found the key to my nepali file (in my brain) I figured it out! I still think in Nepali instead of Thai!! I'm excited for you and hope that you and Laxmi are able to continue your friendship. (Speaking of Laxmi...do you remember little Laxmi down the street at my first flat?) With Nepal in the news so much, I have been thinking about and missing Nepal a lot...so I'm glad you found a Nepali friend!!

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
He truly is the giver of all good things. (In HIS time)
mom