Sunday, March 26, 2006

Spring has sprung.......yeah!















I am almost certain that Spring has arrived in Missouri...ok, so maybe only 90% sure of it, but since everything is blooming, that's a pretty good sign isn't it? Let me just tell you, I love being back in the land of seasons! I like them all, but I think that whatever season is next, that one is always my favorite. (although Fall does hold a special place in my heart)
















I don't know what it is about me and my love for doors, gates, archways....I just love photographing them. Maybe it's just that I like the symbol of an entrance, or open door. But I also appreciate the picture if a door is closed. In my 25 years, I have learned that not all closed doors are bad.

2 comments:

cindy(hillenblogshappywife) said...

How good was it to see you today? Sooo good, that's how! I am so excited to have found your blog, and will look forward to reading it all the time.I do not always comment, but i always read...guess you know that from before, huh? Feel free to visit marks page www.hillenblog.com, and sky's is Skywriting, with barrett being hillenjunior.

Hillenblog said...

Andrea...someone (from KCBT) once told me that in Revelation where Jesus says "...Behold I stand at the door and knock..." ...when compared to 2 Corinthians 5 where Paul talks about ...as believers we are to be Ambasssdors for Christ...Well in Hebrew 'Ambassador' means tsiyr or "Hinge"...and how fitting is it that if Jesus is standing at the door...the door cannot be opened without the hinge. Us...and how interesting is it that Ambassador as we know it know is a person who goes to other countries...and cultures...to represent our government....AND YOU are the fullment of both definitions. Maybe that is why you like doors and gates.

Wow...bet you didn't expect that...so. I like your blog...I appreciate that you are using photo's in most posts...and...I am going to link to you...because the bloggers in Springfield are getting boring..and you are blogging regularly...and I like you...and your family...and now I have also given Amy Ruth a new Knickname..."missisippi" so I expect everyone to start calling her that.

later...