Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday to myself


This is a picture of my new favorite secret hiding place. Ok, so now it's not so secret anymore, but let me just tell you how thrilled I am to have found this little gem. I had a yummy latte, sat by myself (sometimes you just need to do that) and read. It was a mini, warm vacation from the 5 degree wind outside. And if the quaint locale and atmosphere wasn't enough, they had to go and name it " The Whistle Stop." If anyone ever comes to see me, I might just take you there and let you buy me a cup of coffee.


I spotted this church on my way home, and had to pull over to take a picture. Doesn't it look like a church you would see in a movie or read about in a book? If I hadn't watched Little House on the Prairie, I would have imagined that this is what the Walnut Grove church looked like. My favorite part is the scroll detail on the steeple/bell tower area.

1 comments:

Janet in ATL said...

Those black & white pictures are incredible. The church picture should be entered in a contest. And your little hide away looks perfect. Enjoy it every chance you get! Life is too hectic and those quiet times are good medicine for the body & soul!